2015 Jimmy Fund Walk
On Sunday September 27th, 2015 MA HOBY volunteers helped the Dana-Farber Jimmy Fund Walk at the Copley Square finish line in Boston, MA. Volunteers greeted all walkers with medals, cheers and enthusiasm as they crossed the finish line. This year the Jimmy Fund Walk raised over $8 million to help support Dana-Farber's cancer research and support programs.
Some of the programs supported by Dana Farber are:
- Enable Institute leaders to apply monies rapidly when promising new research opportunities arise
- Advance Dana-Farber's signature total patient care philosophy by enhancing the programs and initiatives that serve patients and their families
- Support the core infrastructure and technologies that foster the exchange of ideas and information across the Institute
- Allow Dana-Farber Cancer Institute to attract, develop, and retain the brightest minds who will lead the next generation of cancer care and research
- - See more at: http://www.jimmyfundwalk.org/faf/home/ccp.asp?ievent=1119001&ccp=661481#...